Monday, August 9, 2010

Mizzy's Soundcraft

I have 3 sisters, no brothers. We aren't your stereotypical girls, but then again is there really a stereotypical girl in 2010 anymore? As a child I grew up catching spiders, playing in mud and my father taught me to shoot a child-size bow and arrow by the age of 8. Don't get me wrong I had my barbies too, but I was usually outside throwing them in the mud.

Even into adulthood I didn't fit the mold. I loved mixing sound for bands, editing videos, playing with electrical stuff, graphic design and building stuff. So does my sister Missy. So for Missy's birthday I made her a Soundcraft Mixing Board. Inputs, outputs, monitors, EQs, all a girl could want.
Although I'm proud of the idea of this cake, I wish I could have spent more time on it. Having a 4.5 month old on your hip while you're trying to pipe isn't the easiest but I got'er done. Happy mixing on the board and in the bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment