Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The beat goes on...


I've never mixed so much butter, flour and sugar my whole life since the last few weeks. I did 2 cakes each weekend the last 3 weeks! So now this week I'm not making any cakes...so what do I think about? What cakes I want to make next. Yeesshh. Our church is having a Cake Walk for a Harvest Carnival so there will be my next creations, I'm thinking an iPhone Cake.

So this here are some I made in September...


Mr. Dylan turned 4 this last weekend. He really likes construction, he's a mans man. I love how the little trucks are tearing up those cupcakes and destroying the bottom tier. This was a Fresh Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling.


My babiest sister Beth turned 21! Ugh, we're getting old. So since we do drink Root Beer I made her a Root Beer keg. Funny story: this was a surprise party but I didn't have time to decorate except hours before the party. Well Beth came to my house before her party the cake was crumb coated and sitting in my fridge. I had to lie (which I'm horrible at) and say it was some sand pail for a lady at church I'm giving to her on Sunday Night. Beth asked "When's the party?" I was like "I dunno she just wanted the cake Sunday night." (horrible liar). Anyways we couldn't get her out of the house. So Sarah, my friend, called her with an outragous story about her sister getting beat up and that Beth needed to watch her kids. Man oh man Beth sped out of my house! Then I finished her cake in 1 hour...she was surprised.

This was for my god daughter's birthdays. They wanted Princess Sweet Pea and Nina will get them whatever they want! This was my first molding of a character. Not too shabby. This was a Fresh Strawberry Cake with Marshmallow Fluff and Cream Cheese filling.


The Drum Cake: Red Velvet with Cream Cheese center. This was no easy task but it got done.


This is Hello Kitty #1 mini me.

1 comment: