Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chocolate Buttercream

This is one of my favorite frostings. It's your average buttercream but I add cocoa powder and it turns into this fluffy chocolate texture thats just lovely. My sister Beth runs the Homeless Ministry at our church and she asked me to bake up some cupcakes for the people she ministers to. Here's the recipe...

Chocolate Buttercream
frosts 12 cupcakes generously
1 stick butter room temperature
2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1 tsp of pure vanilla
Add milk a tablespoon at a time to avoid it getting too runny
A dash of salt
Whip that butter up add the ingredients. Whip it all together for a couple minutes for maximum fluffiness.

Let me tell ya about this Homeless Ministry, it's not just about getting people food, clothing and shelter (which we do) but it's really into building relationships with them and when they want to get off the streets my sister tries every way she can help them. She's really good with relationships. She's kept in touch with a homeless couple who was pregnant for years now. I remember her throwing them a baby shower. Now that couple has been in a home for years and go to church. God is so good!

Here are some other cupcakes I did this week. Sesame Street!

My friend's daughter turned 2 and she had a Sesame Street Party.
I tried to do most of the characters.

These came out so cute. They are super easy to decorate. Here's how you do it.
1. Rainbow Gumballs (2 bags). Use them for eyes and noses.
2. Oreos. Separate, cut in half for the mouths.
3. Wilton icing tip #233 for the fur.
4. For Cookie Monster cut large marshmallows in half for his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment