Friday, March 4, 2011

Doom Shoes!

Last Tuesday was a special birthday, my brother (in law) Robert turned 28! In fact Richard (my husband) and his brother are the same age for 1 month! Crazy, I know.

I wanted to make him a special cake. I was trying to figure what my brother likes and how I could make it a cake. I could do a drum because he's a drummer, pokemon because he has some funny stories about them, but then I then I began to remember he loves his shoes. I mean this guy takes care of his shoes.

So Richard and I remember him always talking about his MF Doom Shoes. I tried my best to mimic it. As you can see it came out a little stumpy, perhaps an elephant would wear it, but I think we can see the resemblance.

At the end of day I realized, cakes that resemble real things are still fun. He loved it!

1 comment: