Saturday, January 15, 2011

7 Minute Frosting AKA Fluffy Frosting

This is called the 7 minute frosting. Pretty, shiny, light and fluffy. It's just purdy.
What's crazy is it's made of granulated sugar and egg whites. No powdered sugar or butter, say what? (recipe is at the end of the post).
I made these cupcakes for my friends who just got engaged. Their names are Anna and Kenton, hence the "A" and "K." They're doing a vintage theme with these colors so I made little rossettes out of fondant.
I'm also testing chocolate cake recipes. Below is a brownie type cake. But I didn't like it. It was too "brownie like." I know what you're saying "Michelle...it's a brownie cupcake." Yeah, but I brought these to a party and I saw across the room a lady literally "crunch" her teeth into the brownie cupcake and make a face like "is this a cupcake or a brownie?" and I was like "eekkk I hope she doesn't know I made those!" Brownies are better left for the pan. I'm still looking for the perfect chocolate cake.
These are mimicing the hostess cupcakes but I piped their names. Cute huh? They're also filled with 7 minute frosting.

7 MINUTE FROSTING

Ingredients

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  1. In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and cream of tartar. Cook over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is bubbly.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla to soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar mixture while whipping constantly until stiff peaks form, about 7 to 10 minutes. Frost the cake of your choice.

This makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes and only 68 calories!!!

I found it on http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fluffy-White-Frosting/Detail.aspx



1 comment: